It is official now NNPC says we are not recruiting now.
Evidently some fraudulent persons are using various criminal methods to dupe unsuspecting members of the Nigeria public by using various methods ranging from text messages, social media platforms, forged invitation letters for interviews.
NNPC in their website through a disclaimer warned the public against such group of agents. in their website they have stated the following.
The attention of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has been drawn to the activities of some fraudulent persons using various devious means ranging from text messages, social media platforms and forged letters to invite unsuspecting members of the public for job interviews in a purported recruitment exercise by the Corporation.
For the avoidance of doubt, we wish to state as follows:
1. That NNPC is currently not recruiting and will not demand payment in any form for any job placement.
2. That NNPC, as a responsible statutory Corporation, does not carry out recruitment without following due process or complying with extant laws which mandate it to advertise vacant positions in national newspapers, and it has not advertised any vacancy lately.
3. That NNPC will advertise all vacant positions whenever it is ready to embark on a recruitment exercise.
4. That members of the public, particularly unsuspecting applicants, should be wary of fraudulent invitations for job interviews at the NNPC Towers, Abuja, or indeed any of its offices or subsidiaries, and that anyone who entertains such invitations or deals with peddlers of such invitations does so at his or her own risk.
5. That anyone contacted for the purpose of the purported recruitment by the Corporation should not hesitate to report such persons to relevant law enforcement agencies.