UNITOR BRAND CARBON REMOVER
Epoxy Oilserv Nigeria is the supplier of Unitor maintenance and cleaning chemicals in Nigeria, Unitor Carbon Remover is a powerful non-corrosive solvent for quick break down carbon deposits and very economical in use.
Features of Unitor Carbon Remover
- Quickly dissolves deposits containing carbon, resins or varnishes
- Eliminates the need for hard scraping
- Removes carbon type deposits from burner tips, fuel
injectors and all components fouled by carbon, resin or varnishes
- Cleans oil side of fuel heaters, oil coolers, etc.
- Removes carbon-based deposits from fuel and lube oil filters
- Can be used for cleaning of – Pistons – Piston rings – Valve cages
Specification and Physical properties
|Flash Point [°C]||Above 61|
|pH||10-11 in 5% solution|
Directions for use of this product
This method is an effective way of cleaning deposits from components and machine parts. In order to reduce the evaporation of Unitor™ Carbon Remover™ both on the pure product as well as on its emulsions, a skin is formed when exposed to air.
The items for cleaning are submerged into the active solvent. A wire basket can be used for small components. Immersion time will depend upon the nature of the deposits to be removed. Light deposits will be removed in 1 hour, whereas heavily oxidized deposits might need longer time.
The components should be rinsed thoroughly before handling.
Cleaning the Oil Side of Heat Exchangers
The Unitor™ Chemical Cleaning Unit – Product no. 664 737189 – is recommended to be used.
- Isolate the oil supply, disconnect the heat exchanger oil inlet and outlet, drain off any remaining oil.
- Connect the discharge side of Unitor™ Chemical Cleaning Unit (CCU) to the lower heat exchanger connection and fit the return to the CCU.
- Add Unitor™ Carbon Remover™ to the drum, the product can be diluted with diesel oil down to 25 % and heat, maintaining the temperature (max 50°C) throughout the cleaning operation. If heating is not available, the cleaning time will need to be extended and a higher product concentration is beneficial.
- Circulate for 12 hours. When the cleaning is complete, disconnect the lower heat exchanger connection and drain.
- Connect a high-pressure fresh water supply to the upper heat exchanger connection. Rinse until water runs clear.
- Disconnect, drain and dry.
WE CAN SUPPLY TO YOU ANY QUANTITY YOU REQUIRE OF THIS PRODUCT JUST CONTACT US