Argon gas from Epoxy Oilserv is supplied in various commercial purity grades to suit your range of shielding, blanketing and inerting applications. Buy your argon gas from Epoxy today.
Appearance and Characteristics
Argon is considered to be non-toxic, as a noble gas. It is colorless, odorless and extremely unreactive. It is, however, not completely inert – photolysis of hydrogen fluoride in a solid argon matrix at 7.5 kelvin yields argon fluorohydride, HArF.
Argon forms no stable compounds at room temperature.
Uses of Argon
As a result of its unreactiveness, argon is used in light bulbs to protect the filament and to provide an unreactive atmosphere in the vicinity of welding.
It is also used in the semi-conductor industry to provide an inert atmosphere for silicon and germanium crystal growth.
- Argon is used in plasma jet torches.
- Argon is used as a shielding for GTAW applications and for GMAW of Aluminium.
- Argon is used for purging applications when an inert atmosphere is required.
- Argon is used in medical lasers, in ophthalmology for example to correct eye defects such as blood vessel leakage, retinal detachment, glaucoma and macular degeneration.
- Argon has low thermal conductivity and is used as the gas between the glass panes in high-efficiency double and triple glazing.
Argon is used popularly within welding and casting industries, especially in the making of specialty alloys and manufacturing titanium. It is also used as a shield gas during arc welding, seeing as it protects the metal that’s being worked on from oxygen
We supply argon only in industrial sealed cylinders suitable for welding and other industrial applications contact us now for a quote