Press Release: (Lagos 20th May 2015). Epoxy Oilserv awarded right to Distribute Aeroshell Turbine Lubricants to Power plants, Marine plants fitted with Industrial Gas Turbines (IGT’s) in Nigeria.
Epoxy Oilserv Limited Nigeria is now distributor for Aeroshell Lubricants for Power plants, Marine Vessels installed with industrial gas Turbines (IGT) in Nigeria.
The Award was announced by Robert Bell the CEO of Multsol Mauritius Limited Aeroshell distributor for sub-Saharan Africa, Mr. Bell reiterated the commitment of regular supplies of Aeroshell products for Nigeria IGT customers, he promised support which included product availability, product availability has being the problem with users of IGT’s in Nigeria.
The use of Industrial and Marine gas turbines has increased significantly throughout the world in recent years to meet operational flexibility and superior environmental performance requirements.
The most widely-used industrial and marine gas turbines are derived from aero-engines. Such engines have found application in:
- electrical power generation, especially in remote areas (eg offshore oil platforms) or for peak load management
- large pumps and compressors, especially in pipeline operation and petro-chemical process industries
- marine propulsion.
In an aero-engine, essential design features are its size and weight, which results in compact units. Such designs place heavy demands on the engine components and lubricants to ensure total reliability in the high temperatures within the engine.
The land and sea based derivatives of the aero-engines retain the essential design elements of their aviation versions and have similar lubrication requirements. Engine manufacturers therefore approve the use of aircraft synthetic turbine oils in these engines. Only these lubricants have the characteristics required to provide the unit lubrication and cooling within the severe operating environment. Shell has a full range of AeroShell turbine oils approved by major engine manufacturers for use in their Industrial and Marine derivatives of aero-engines.
Mr Amardeep Gill the Regional Indirect Channel Manager Aviation Lubricants of Shell indicated the preparedness of Shell Aviation to support customers in Nigeria if called upon, he assured he will be able to personally ensure customers are happy with Aeroshell products.
Epoxy Oilserv Nigeria was represented by the CEO Ernest Nnagbo and the COO Mr Akomolafe Olugbenga, others present are Mr Nikhil Raj, Sales Manager- Lubes of Multisol Mauritius Ltd, Mr Musa Lima Sales Manager-Lubricants. Brenntag Chemicals Nigeria Limited (the Parent company of Multisol).
Mr Gill informed that the OEM approval for Aeroshell gas Turbine Oil (ASTO) includes the following.
1. GE Turbines: LM100, LM250, LM350, LM150, LM 2500 (TM 2500), LM5000, LM 6000
2. Rolls Royce Allison: 501k, 570k, 571k series
3. Pratt and Whitney Canada: ST-75, -76, -73, ST6A, ST6B, ST6J, ST6k
4. Rolls Royce: Avon, Gnome, Olympus, Proteus, RB211-22, RB211-24, Spey Industrial, Spey Marine.
5. Solar Turbines: Centaur, Mars, Saturn.
6. Honeywell: TF-25, -35, -40.
7. Turbomeca: Astagaz X11 and XIV, Astagou IV, Banstangaz IV, VI and VII, Oredun IV, Turmagaz III.
8. Turbo Power and Marine: GG3/FT3, GG4/FT4, GG12/FT12, GG8/FT8.
Currently Numerous IGT customers in the Oil and gas, Cement manufacture and Power plants in Nigeria has so far signalled interest to use Aeroshell Turbine oil as one of the major factor towards cost minimisation, extended equipment life and above all profit maximisation in their operations.
All details to
Gbenga Akomolafe Operations Manager Epoxy Oilserv Limited email@example.com (M: +2348053390168)