Epoxy is the major Marine paints and coatings supplier in Nigeria.
We carry the best brands in Nigeria, both local and international brands
Brands we carry
Epoxy Oilserv Nigeria Limited was appointed the distributor of Sigma Marine and protective coatings in Nigeria, Epoxy Oilserv now carries the full portfolio of products for Sigma Coatings in Nigeria.
PPG is the owner of the global coatings brand, PPG is a world leader in marine coatings. They develop fit for purpose products and services that protect customers’ assets in some of the world’s most demanding sea conditions and environments.
PPG is the world’s top manufacturer of Coatings and adhesive products since 2016, Sales of PPG Industries’ three coatings business segments.
· Performance Coatings
· Industrial Coatings
· Architectural Coatings EMEA – combined for $14.3 billion in 2016.
- Sigma cover 280 Technical data sheet (pdf)opens in new tab
- Sigma Cover 456 Technical data sheet (PDF) Opens in new tab
- Sigma cover 630 Tehchnical data sheet (pdf) opens in new tab
- SIgmashield 400 Technical data sheet (pdf) opens in new tab
Epoxy Oilserv Nigeria Limited Request a quote- firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +2348053390165- 24hours
Shell Lubricants distributor Nigeria
Epoxy Oilserv limited as major distributors of Marine coatings and paints, have a large stock of different brands of marine paints. Our Marine Protective Coatings are high quality paints, and are of the few quality brand for coatings approved worldwide and in Nigeria for the protection and maintenance of steel infrastructure and to enhance the life span of concrete structures.
Our marine paints provide protection for Industrial machinery, steel, wood, ship bottoms, tanks, pipelines concrete ship decks in harsh environment against corrosion, chemical attacks, weathering, fouling, abrasion, heat carbonation and contamination.
It is very suitable for both temperate and tropical environment.
It is economical and the products are competitively priced.
It can be customized in specification for optimal economy and performance.
Specific application areas for our Marine coatings:
- Pipelines (Internal and External) buried, immersed, partly immersed and exposed.
- Tanks / Storage, Terminal (internal / external), floating / static.
- Jack-up platforms for Helicopters.
- Supply vessels.
- Drilling tanks.
- Production platforms.
- Industrial machinery.
- Factory Floors.
- Concrete structures
These are traditional coating often termed convertible or air drying system and modern versions are typifies by Alkyds, Epoxy Esters and Oleoresinous paints. All types are based on
vegetable oils (for instance linseed oil) chemically combined with various modifying resins, pigment and other additives to optimize particular properties.
They are described as convertible because they chemically change on drying due to the reaction of atmosphere oxygen with vegetable oil. This oxidation process is unique to these coatings.
The principal advantages of these coatings are as follows:
- All are one pack and easy to apply
- Good adhesion to substrates of varying surface preparation.
- Easy to maintain
- Will dry under a wide range of climatic conditions giving films with good exterior durability.
- Obtainable in a wide range of colours.
- On a cost basis they are generally in the lower price category of coatings.
- Poor resistance to chemicals (acids, alkalis and certain solvent)
- Not recommended for use on surfaces which are to be permanently immersed in water.
Epoxy esters are more resistant to aggressive environment than other conventional system. Although they have tendency to discolour and prematurely lose gloss on exterior exposure primers because of their penetrating power.
Chlorinated Rubber System
these are classified as non-convertible coatings or physically drying coatings because they do not change chemically during or after drying process. Drying is effected purely by the
evaporation of solvent. They are all one pack system.
- Good Chemical and water resistance.
- Good intercoat adhesion because there is no chemical change during the film formation process.
- Good excellent drying properties in cold/climatic condition even in 1?C below zero degree centigrade
- They are thermoplastic i.e they system with heat.
- In hotter climate in their resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage is limited
- The exhibit some degree of discoloration particular light shade when exposed to high degree of sunlight.
Pure Epoxy Systems
these are two pack convertible products which cure through a chemical reaction.
The curing agent chemically reacts with the base epoxy to product an extremely hard, abrasion resistant system.
- Extremely hard abrasion resistant system
- Good chemical solvent resistant
- Ideal for long term protection against corrosion.
- It can be formulated to give very high build coatings.
- Temperature sensitive during curing.
- Prone to chalking and loss of gloss on exposure
- Expensive in term of cost.
These are two pack systems based on the reaction between polyurethane and Isocyanite that give films of higher quality.
- Very good gloss and colour retention
- Very good chemical and solvent resistance
- Very tough and hard with good adhesion
Convertible coating comprising of zinc metal and silicate binder affording excellent corrosion protection.
- Provide galvanic protection