propylene glycol Supplier Nigeria
Epoxy Oilserv Nigeria Limited is the Propylene Glycol supplier in Nigeria, we have huge stock of this product in all our warehouse in Nigeria, as a major supplier of chemicals to the industries in Nigeria, we take please in ensuring adequate availability of these products when they are needed and where they are needed, we can supply products to your location anywhere in Nigeria. Epoxy Oilserv supplies Food-grade propylene glycol and industrial-grade depending on the needs of the customer.
About Propylene Glycol.
Propylene glycol is a synthetic liquid substance that absorbs water. it is also used to make polyester compounds and as a base for deicing solutions. Propylene glycol is used by the chemical, food, and pharmaceutical industries as an antifreeze when leakage might lead to contact with food. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified this chemical as an additive that is “generally recognized as safe” for use in food. It is used to absorb extra water and maintain moisture in certain medicines, cosmetics, or food products. It is a solvent for food colors and flavors and in the paint and plastics industries. This chemical is also used to create artificial smoke or fog used in fire-fighting training and in theatrical productions. Other names for propylene glycol are 1,2-dihydroxypropane, 1,2-propanediol, methyl glycol, and trimethyl glycol. Propylene glycol is clear, colorless, slightly syrupy liquid at room temperature. It may exist in air in the vapor form, although it must be heated or briskly shaken to produce a vapor. Propylene glycol is practically odorless and tasteless.
Uses of Propylene Glycol.
- Food Chemicals Codex (FCC)
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP)
- European Pharmacopoeia (EP)
- Japanese Pharmacopoeia (JP)
It also meets the requirements of the Brazilian Pharmacopoeia (FB).
It can be used in direct food applications as:
- Humectant and stabilizer (in prepared fruits, vegetables, and bakery goods)
- The solvent in flavor solutions and extractions (and in food additives, such as colors, antioxidants, enzymes, and emulsifiers)
- Plasticizer and softening agent for items such as cork seals
- Flavor extraction solvent and processing aid in the isolation of natural flavoring materials (extracting vanilla from vanilla beans, for example)
It also has the following indirect food application uses:
- Heat transfer fluids for food and beverage chilling and freezing applications
- Solvent for printing inks used in food packaging
- Equipment cleaner, to remove contamination from food processing equipment.
As a Propylene glycol supplier in Nigeria we sufficiently ensure you get stock always
Other chemicals supplied by Epoxy Oilserv Limited.
Call Directly our hotline +234 8053390165 or contact us to get a quote for Free